Best motorcycle lifts
Having a motorcycle gives you such a rush that makes it hard to give it up. Sure, it can be dangerous, but that is precisely what makes it so lively. Also, some people make a habit of spending an afternoon once in a while making small or significant repairs. It is something easy to do, you are doing something useful, but at the same time, it relaxes you entirely. It is one of those activities that help you shut off from the world and live in your bubble for a few hours.
While most motorcycle accidents happen because of unsafe behavior, the lack of maintenance can also lead to malfunctions. That is why you need to take care of that as often as you possibly can. You can ask any motorcycle or dirt bike owner what the one tool that you need for that is, and they will all tell you that you cannot make repairs without a motorcycle lift.
What is a motorcycle lift?
Also known as a motorcycle jack, this tool is used to lift your bike from its resting position to an elevated position. There are multiple kinds of motorcycle lifts. Some use compressed air, hydraulics, and even a mix of the two. Their design will allow you to lift a motorcycle no matter its weight, type, and certain repairs. Keep in mind, however, that the weight capacity is one of the most important aspects you need to consider before making a purchase. At the same time, some models are designed to stay in a fixed position, while others are made to be portable.
Now, motorcycle lifts are used when you need to repair or perform maintenance service on your bike. Obviously, it is a lot easier to do that when the motorcycle is an elevated position. Also, the portable models will allow you to move the lift around your garage just in case the tools you use are fixated in place. The question here is why you need a motorcycle lift. The answer is simple. By doing your own repairs, you can save some money. A motorcycle lift is a valuable tool that will save you a lot of trips to the shop, and the cost of a jack does not exceed the cost of repairs.
Do not forget about motorcycle lift safety
One of the most important things you need to remember is that motorcycle lifts, while equipped with safety features, can be dangerous tools. The improper use can lead to crushing injuries, hands injuries, and many other things that you do not want to happen to you. That is why you need to consider a few rules while operating the jack.
- Never exceed the weight capacity of the motorcycle jack – you may think that 50 pounds over the weight limit cannot hurt, right? But you are terribly wrong. The models you find have weight capacities that you need to consider. While lifts are made of durable steel, they can break under the exceeded pressure. The steel will not rupture, but the pieces that keep the lift together might. And trust me when I say this, you do not want to be under a motorcycle or an ATV when that happens.
- Check out for the lifting points – when you buy a motorcycle lift, the manual will teach you where to position the bike precisely. Weight distribution is no joke people!
- Keep your hands and feet away from the pinch points
- If you have a portable motorcycle lift, use the safety locks – wheels are useful in certain situations, but make sure to lock them when you plan to work on your bike.
- Check the jack’s stability before starting the repairs – even if you use the safety locks and check the lifting points, you still need to make sure that your bike is stable on the jack. It is a simple cautionary action that can save you from a lot of trouble.
What to consider when looking for the best motorcycle lift
Now that we have established that you need a motorcycle lift, it is time to choose one and make a purchase. However, you cannot do that by going for the first model you see. You need to consider a few factors first. You can also read some motorcycle lift reviews online to see what other people say about a particular model. With that being said, here is what you need to consider before making a purchase.
- Weight capacity – depending on what you have in your garage (motorcycle, dirt bike, ATV, etc.) you need to know how much it weighs and buy a motorcycle lift that is able to withstand that particular weight. Never overlook this aspect because it can save your life. I cannot stress enough how important this is, so be careful and make the right decision. Also, it is better if you go for a device with a higher weight capacity than your bike’s actual weight than the other way around. Safety is key!
- Movable vs. fixed lift – this is mostly a matter of preference, and only you know which one you need. If you need your lift to be portable, then a movable motorcycle lift is your best choice. If you want it in your garage only, a fixed one might do. Either way, make sure to look at a product’s specifications before hitting the add to cart button.
- Construction – since a motorcycle jack is supposed to withstand hundreds and thousands of pounds, it needs to be made of the most durable materials. After all, your life and body integrity rely on that. Of course, we are talking about metal here, but even the kind of metal matters. My advice is to never go for something weaker than steel. Also, the better the construction, the more stability you can enjoy. That should bring you some peace of mind while under the bike, shouldn’t it?
- Compressed air vs. hydraulic – personally, I do not think that this matters as much as for other people. The models that use compressed air are not as portable unless you like to carry around an air compressor. That is not very comfortable. The models that use hydraulics, on the other hand, do not depend on anything else than yourself. As long as the lever is easy to use, you should be more than ok with it. Plus, hydraulic motorcycle lifts are more portable, so to speak. Not to mention that a lift weighs enough on its own. You do not need an air compressor as well, do you?
What are the best motorcycle lifts?
Looking for the perfect product can be a tedious experience, especially if you are a beginner. However, if you consider the things I mentioned above, you should do an excellent job. Even so, if you do not want to go through all that, you can pick one of the models I found online. They are relatively cheap, high-quality, and they will do an excellent job of elevating whatever you need to lift.
Smartxchoices Red/Black Motorcycle ATV Jack
If you look for motorcycle lifts, you will see that most products are designed to lift more than that, which is the case with this product as well. You can use it for your motorcycle, ATV, dirt bike, or anything else that falls into this category. However, there is one thing you should keep in mind. Whatever vehicle you have, this jack cannot lift more than 1500 pounds. That is the maximum weight capacity, and you should never overlook it.
The Smartxchoices motorcycle lift features swivel casters that will make it easy to move, so if you need to reposition the jack while working on your bike, you can do it easily. Transport is also made easy by that feature. The 3-position locking mechanism will provide safety so that you do not hurt yourself or others. The lever that helps lift the bike is easy to maneuver. You can use your foot to operate the pedal, and your bike should be up in no time.
The package consists of a jack, handle, two tie-down straps, two adapters bars and a manual. The product arrives in pieces, which means you need to assemble it. However, the manual will show you how to do it step by step, and you should have an easy time doing it. As for certificates, the Smartxchoices jack has CE and ANSI certifications for machinery and product safety.
Roadstar Motorcycle Lift
The motorcycle lift manufactured by Roadstar is somewhat similar to the previous model. It has the same weight capacity of 1500 pounds (680 kg,) and even the colors are alike. The minimum possible height is 4.52 inches, and the maximum is 14.76 inches. It should be more than enough to make the repairs comfortably. As for the product weight, this jack weighs 64.53 pounds.
Just like the previous product, this motorcycle lift features a fast-action foot pump that will help you lift the motorcycle or ATV easily. You do not need to be Hercules to do it, no matter how heavy the bike is. The 3-position locking mechanism will keep you safe no matter what you want to do. The swivel casters on one end of the jack will help you move the lift, reposition, and transport it easily.
While you may buy this jack for your motorcycle, you should know that it can also be used for ATVs, tractors, snowmobiles, or whatever else you may need lifting. Of course, as long as the thing you need to lift is not heavier than 1500 pounds.
Alltrade Powerbuilt Heavy Duty Triple Lift Jack
The previous two motorcycle lifts are soft, so to speak. Not in a sense that they will not do their job, but when you need the big guns, the Alltrade Powerbuilt is what you need. It belongs to a different league, and if you plan on doing some heavy lifting, this is the product you are looking for. It has a weight capacity of 4000 pounds, which basically means that you can lift an average-sized car. If there is one thing you do not need to worry about is that you cannot exceed the weight capacity.
As you can expect, this jack is made of highly durable materials. It makes sense if you think about it. You need a lot of sustainable steel to make something that can lift 4000 pounds. That is why the Powerbuilt is heavier than the previous two products. It weighs 85 pounds, but the casters will help you move it around. Only two of the four casters swivel, but that is enough to make positioning and transportation easy.
The product itself is very easy to use. The flexible design will allow you to lift multiple types of vehicles. The patented design features a removable lift saddle as well as padded lift rails. The locking safety bar will keep the lift in place once it is raised so that you do not need to use jack stands. All safety standards are met, and you will be more than satisfied with the Powerbuilt if you decide to purchase it.
I think that choosing the best motorcycle lift from the three products above is a no-brainer. My personal favorite is the Alltrade Powerbuilt Heavy Duty Triple Lift Jack. It has almost the same price as the rest of the products, but it can lift so much more. It has everything it needs for an easy and safe use, which is why I believe it to be one of the best motorcycle lifts you can find in this price range.
Dealing with heavy things is no joke, especially when they are supposed to hang above you. When you are under a 1500-pound vehicle, the last thing you need to worry about is whether or not you will be crushed. That is why you need to invest in one of the best motorcycle lifts you can afford. It will give you some peace of mind, and it will make your job easier. One of the products above will provide precisely that. Click here to buy on Amazon
- What Does Motorcycle Stand Lift Mean?
- The Insider Secret on Motorcycle Hydraulic Lift Revealed
- Uncommon Article Gives You the Facts on Motorcycle Table That Only a Few People Know Exist
- What Everyone Else Does When It Comes to Motorcycle Work Stand and What You Need to Be Doing Different
- The Hidden Treasure of Black Widow Motorcycle Lift
- The Ugly Secret of Used Motorcycle Lift Table for Sale
- Best Motorcycle Lift Table – the Conspriracy
- The Lost Secret of Craftsman Motorcycle Jack
- The Debate Over Bike Jack
- Outrageous J & S Motorcycle Lift Tips
- What the In-Crowd Won’t Tell You About Motorbike Lifts
- What Absolutely Everybody Is Saying About Motorcycle Work Bench
- Motorcycle Hoist Secrets That No One Else Knows About
- J & S Motorcycle Jack Fundamentals Explained
- The 5-Minute Rule for Motorcycle Scissor Lift
- The Biggest Myth About Rv Motorcycle Lift Exposed
- What Everybody Is Saying About Motorcycle Table Lift Is Wrong and Why
- The Number One Question You Must Ask for Best Motorcycle Jack
- Motorbike Lift Guide
- Unusual Article Uncovers the Deceptive Practices of Bike Lift
- The Fight Against Motorcycle Lifts for Sale
- New Questions About Hydraulic Motorcycle Lift Answered and Why You Must Read Every Word of This Report
- Possible Danger Signs on Motorcycle Scissor Jack You Must Be Aware Of
- Motorcycle Jack Stand – Overview
- Getting the Best Handy Lift
- Why People Aren’t Talking About Handy Motorcycle Lift and What You Should be Doing Today
- Motorcycle Lift Stand Tips
- Unusual Article Uncovers the Deceptive Practices of Motorbike Stand
- Top Motorcycle Lift Jack Tips!
- The Advantages of Atv Lift
- The War Against Motorcycle Jacks
- Most Noticeable Motorcycle Lift Table
- What Does Motorcycle Stand Mean?
- Motorcycle Jack for Dummies
- Secret Shortcuts to Motorcycle Lift Only a Few People Know About